Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dafne's Birthday


Today is my lovely wife's 28th birthday. It is hard for me to be here, in Africa, so far away from her, especially knowing that she is buried in literature from her orthodontics residency with only a furry ferret to give her company.


For the past few years we have traveled to some very wild locations to celebrate both her birthday and mine, such as Las Vegas, Zion National Park, and the Grand Canyon. I have deduced from these adventures that I have the best woman in the world for me, one who is not afraid to get dirty in the bottom of a dusty desert, then party until the wee hours at a club atop the Palms hotel only hours after climbing out of said canyon.


This year, she has to celebrate without me...at the beach in Ft Myers with a convertible, some sushi, and a margarita. As I develop this post, I wish her a happy birthday, proud of her accomplishments as a doctor, and her support of my misadventures here in Africa....feliz cumpleanos mariposita....

No comments:

Post a Comment