Friday, October 16, 2009

Camp at night...


Here is a picture of our gym. Fortunately, it is open 24 hours and has some degree of air conditioning. It is basically a big tent with foam insulation. Unfortunately, there is not a lockerroom, changing area, or bathroom. We are authorized to wear civilian PT clothes to the gym and back only, which means we cannot wear them to the galley or any other building, including our workspace. This can be annoying, because it requires a wardrobe shuffle. For example, when I leave work about 5, I like to work out, so I walk back to my CLU and change, then come to the gym. Before I can go grab a bite to eat or call my wife (all the way on the other side of the base) I have to go back to my CLU and change. I can only call my wife b/w 7-8 (her lunch hour), so if I get out of work, then grab a bite to eat on the way home before working out, I don't feel like working out afterwards (stuffed). But if I work out later, after calling my wife, I have to go all the way back to my CLU can change again before going to the gym. As you can see, 15 min walks add up, and are really annoying. The only way to do it is this: go home, change, work out, walk all the way back, shower, change, eat a very quick meal in the galley, then to the EMF to call Dafne. There is no other way...which really doesn't allow much freedom if you want to do something that night...but, on the flip side, I AM glad we can wear civilian clothes here...at least some places.

No comments:

Post a Comment